Sophisticated WordPress Development.
- Bones is a WordPress Theme for Developers
- Built around the HTML5 Boilerplate, Bones is a rock solid foundation to start any WordPress project. Keep what you need, remove what you don't. It's totally up to you.
- Bones is not a Framework
- Frameworks are great, but sometimes they make things more complicated than they need to be. Bones is bare and as minimalistic as possible. It's meant to be used as a per-project template, this means no Child Themes. Hooray!
- Bones is Mobile-First & Responsive
- Taking the Mobile-First approach is the way to go when building a responsive project. So Bones comes ready to roll with a unique LESS/Sass setup that serves minimal resources to smaller screens and scales up depending on your viewport. As anyone who's ever browsed on a 3G connection will tell you, it's a difference maker.
- Bones comes loaded with LESS / Sass
- Get started working with the future of CSS today. Using LESS or Sass can speed up your development time when used properly. Bones gets you started by giving you a great starting point.
- Custom Post Types & Custom Dashboard Functions Preloaded
- Bones makes it easy to add Custom Post Types by giving you a well documented example. It also includes functions to customize the admin area for your clients. These are totally optional though, so if you don't need them, delete them. No big deal.
- Bones is totally Free
- Yup. What's more, if you want to use Bones to create your own themes and sell them, go ahead. Bones is under the WTFPL. So download it and create something beautiful...or ugly. It's up to you really.
Wow. Bones is super hot! Seriously.Paul Irish HTML5 Boilerplate
Bones for Wordpress is meticulously documented. Can't get over how good it is. Go get it!Dan Eden Animate.css
Bones has the most detailed and well documented stylesheet I've ever usedAlex Ball Developer
The fact that it discourages Child Themes might be my favorite part.Clark Wimberly Android & Me
As Featured On:
Featuring the most detailed stylesheets evar, Bones takes pride in showing you exactly what selectors do what and gives them to you in a neat and easy to understand way.
The wonderful thing about working with Bones is that no two installs are alike. If you don't need something, just remove it. If you feel it's missing something, you're free to add it in. No bloat.
The HTML5 Boilerplate
The HTML5 Boilerplate is a rock solid, proven, and reliable platform to build your projects with. That's why Bones is crafted in it's image. This means it's pretty awesome.
Work with the future in mind, while not having to pander to older browsers. Bones helps you focus on the pretty and serves older browsers clean and simpler versions of your site using the power of Sass/LESS.
Built for Speed
With a fantastic Mobile-First approach, Bones serves up the absolute minimum to small devices, saving precious bandwidth and speeding up load times.
Build with LESS/Sass
LESS and Sass come baked into Bones. Choose which one you want to work with and ditch the other. You'll be off and running in no time. Never worked with LESS or Sass? Don't stress, it's not as hard as you think.
A Cleaner Head
WordPress throws a ton of junk in the header. Bones takes a lot of it out. It's as simple as that. It's all about keeping it light and speedy. That's what your users want after all isn't it?
Join us on Github
Bones grows every day. It's great for personal projects and clients alike. Download it, Customize it, and make it yours. It's a strong foundation for every project.